The World Rugby Developing Rugby Coaches (DRC) Level 2 course is a practical coaching workshop split into various modules, aimed at developing coaching capability and technical knowledge. It aims to support you to become the best coach you can be, where you can transfer learning into your own rugby coaching environment. Upon completion you will receive a qualification that is recognised worldwide.
It is best suited to coaches coaching teams from Under 13 through to Premier Rugby.
2. Six Fortnightly Workshops from April through to July. Please note workshop timings will be flexible depending on participant requests, will be done between the hours of 7.00am and 4.00pm (generally one hour). There is potential to run this programme regionally. This method is a more flexible approach to learning, is contectualised (as you will be "in-season") and will be tailored to your needs. Please chat to Kyle McLean to discuss further.
1. Complete the Rugby Laws and Rugby Ready on-line tests
2. Attend either Weekend Workshop or Fortnightly Workshops
3. Complete a coaching log / diary showing 6 weeks of practical planning and coaching.
4. Be observed by a World Rugby Coach Educator at a team training.
The Bay of Plenty Rugby Union Coach Development team will facilitate the course and coaching observations. There will be a range of specialist coaches involved in presenting the various modules to attendees.
The course costs $100, which needs to be paid to secure your booking.